Friday, March 13, 2015

It begins


Just purchased the first component for my Fold-top computer, an HDMI to LVDS converter board


I was going to get the cheaper single LVDS board, but it was out of stock.  So now I've future proofed the design by being able to support higher resolution screens!

The next step while I wait for delivery is to disassemble and remove the LCD panel from an old laptop.  I have a Compaq F500 laptop that seems to have died, I think from the issue of the graphics chip becoming unsoldered.  I contemplated fixing it, apparently doable with a well aimed heat gun.  The screen is 1280 x 800 and 15.4".  Nothing spectacular, but usable.
Luckily, I found the specs and pinout for the LVDS connector so I should be good to go hooking it up.

With these, I can make a cardboard monitor with HDMI input.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment